What is the Use of Granites of Different Particle Sizes?
Granite, one of the most common types of crushed stone, has a uniform structure, hard texture and durability. It is a high-quality construction stone, known as the “king of rocks”. Granite is extensively used as concrete and asphalt aggregate, a base material for highways, rural roads and buildings. Granite is not easy to be weathered, beautiful in color and its appearance can be kept for more than 100 years so it can be used as an ideal landscaping stone and architectural decoration. Different sizes of granite have different uses.
• Asphalt and Concrete
• Agricultural-lime (Ag-lime)
• Skid resistance on ice or snow
• Backfill and bedding materials
• Stabilized earth or reinforced soils
• Roof and floor of the hall
• Architectural ornament
• Outdoor sculpture
The main uses include pavement and architectural applications.
• Foundation for asphalt pavement
• Foundation for concrete pads and pavements
• Unpaved roads and shoulders
• Backfill for pipe and underground utilities
• Cement-treated base
It can be used for highway and railway industries.
• Concrete aggregate
• Asphalt aggregate
• Drainage stone
• Seal coat chips for roadways
• Stone roads and driveways
• Road base
Previous Article：No Information
Next Article: Characteristics of Qualified Sand and Gravel Aggregate