Which Stones can be used to Make Sand?
At present, there are many types of sand that can be made in the mining industry, about 200 kinds. Basically, as long as the ore is of low added value and small water content, it can be used for making sand, including tailings from beneficiation to make sand. Raw material is an important factor that directly affects the quality of sand and gravel products. The characteristics and structure of the raw material itself, as well as factors that show different characteristics as the environment changes, are likely to cause quality accidents without careful attitude. Therefore, raw materials must be taken seriously and rigorously to ensure the quality of the production materials.
Not all materials can be used to produce mechanism sand. When producing mechanism sand, there are certain requirements for raw materials, such as:
1. The compressive strength of the raw materials used to produce the mechanism sand should not be lower than 80 MPa, and the materials should not have the potential alkali-aggregate reactivity, and clean, hard and no weak particles should be used.
2. In the selection of mines, avoid using mines with relatively poor quality, such as thicker soil layers, more mud in the interlayer, and layered rocks.
3. Select bare raw materials. If it is covered with soil layer or contains weathered layer, it should be removed in time.
Common raw materials that can produce mechanism sand are:
1. Sandstone: a type of sedimentary rock with a sand content of more than 50% and a stable structure, mainly composed of quartz and feldspar. It is a common raw material for the production of sand. When sanding, select sand production line equipment with better dust removal effect.
2. Quartz sandstone: Stones with a quartz content of more than 90%, whether in strength or grain type, can achieve very good results, and are widely used as raw materials for the production of sand in the market.
3. River pebble: a pure natural stone, non-toxic, tasteless, non-bleaching, hard texture, good color, the production of sand is not only an ideal green building material, but also a better alternative to natural sand.
4. Slag: An industrial waste, which is also commonly used as a raw material for the production of sand, has a wide range of sources and low cost.
5. Construction waste: The annual output in China is relatively large. The concrete blocks, crushed stone blocks, and brick fragments of construction waste are often used to produce sand and stone aggregates, which are provided to the construction, highway and other industries. Mechanism sand can save raw material investment costs.
6. Limestone: It can be used as the raw material of sand and stone at the same time in the sand and stone production line, and the stone powder can also be reused.
7. Basalt: The sand made of basalt mixed with concrete can reduce the weight of the concrete, but it is still very strong. At the same time, it has the characteristics of sound insulation and heat insulation.
8. Granite: Granite with high quartz content and low sulfide content is a good raw material for making sand.
For more information, you can click: www.lydhcrusher.com
Previous Article：Luoyang Dahua Crusher go abroad to France